E-M:/ U.P. land for sale

Enviro-Mich message from John Rebers <jrebers@nmu.edu>

According to an article in the Mining Journal (Marquette) on Wednesday,
July 24, "the trust acreage is located in these U.P. counties: Alger,
144,572; Baraga, 29,570; Chippewa, 14,714; Delta, 22; Gogebic, 13,120;
Houghton, 1,930; Luce, 91,871; Marquette, 38,578; Ontonagon, 25,801; and
Schoolcraft, 29,025."

For more information, go to
<http://www.upgroup.com/journal/archive/2002news/07-july/07-24_2.html>.
Only way I know of to find detailed information about holdings in a
specific county would be with a plat map. I think the holdings are listed
as "Shelter Bay forestry", but don't have a plat map with me to check.

At 01:13 PM 7/26/2002 -0400, Leonard C. Mankowski wrote:

>Hi all-
>
>The article did not give any details concerning the area of land
>concerned. A quick google search on the Kamehameha Schools, Benson Forests
>and Shelter Bay Forests failed to turn up any specific geographic
>info (other than the Bishop Estate is one of the top UP landholders).  It
>appears there are significant holdings around Munising.... Does
>anyone have any other info about Kamehameha Schools' holdings in the U.P.?
>
>Thanks,
>Len Mankowski
>
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Dave Dempsey wrote:
> > A tract of Upper Peninsula forest and lakeshore almost five times the size
> > of Detroit will go up for sale this year....
> >
> > http://www.freep.com/news/mich/up26_20020726.htm

John E. Rebers
Department of Biology
Northern Michigan University