Re: E-M:/ Granholm Can't Take it

Enviro-Mich message from "David Zaber" <dzaber@chorus.net>

Grant,

I hope your daughter understands that a vote for Michigan Republicans in
2002 is a vote against her right to reproductive privacy as well as a vote
for more pollution, dismantled environmental laws and fewer rights for women
(who often pay higher costs for environmental degradation than men).  I hope
that her refreshing dislike of negative personal attacks translates into an
aversion to the odious brand of Republican politics that finds so many of
them appealing to the base aspects of human behavior and capitalizing on
fear and divisions within our society.  Finally, I hope your daughter can
see through the self-interest of those who would put their own profits in
front of the health or wellbeing of others (e.g. Michigan factory farms,
etc.) while they run their leg of the human race.  From your message it
sounds like your daughter is off to a good start on becming a citizen not
just a consumer.

Regards,

Dave Zaber

P.S.  I'm enjoying the back and forth on the Dem gov. candidates.  I'm
putting my money on Bonior.  No matter how many laudable new programs Ms.
Granholm announces, her campaign simply cannot compete with Bonior's proven
record of legislation and environmental protection.  She needs a few more
years in the AG's office before she should take the Governor's seat.
Blanchard's already had his chance.  Can one really trust him not to throw
another election away like he did with Engler's first narrow victory?