E-M:/ How about a comprehensive Great Lakes Restoration???

Note what is going on in Florida.....including the expenditure of
large amounts of federal money.....   when are we going to get/achieve
something similar with GREAT LAKES RESTORATION with
its outstanding freshwater resources.........?????

[Federal Register: August 2, 2002 (Volume 67, Number 149)]
[Proposed Rules]
[Page 50539-50575]
 >From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr02au02-22]

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
Department of the Army, Corps of Engineers
33 CFR Part 385
RIN 0710-AA49

Programmatic Regulations for the Comprehensive Everglades
Restoration Plan

AGENCY: Army Corps of Engineers; DoD.
ACTION: Proposed rule.

SUMMARY: The Army Corps of Engineers proposes to establish programmatic
regulations for the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan. Congress
approved the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan in section 601
of the Water Resources Development Act of 2000, which was enacted into
law on December 11, 2000. The Act requires the Secretary of the Army to
promulgate programmatic regulations within two years to ensure that the
goals and purposes of the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan are
achieved. We have developed these proposed regulations in response to
that statutory requirement. The proposed regulations establish
processes and procedures that will guide the Army Corps of Engineers
and its partners in the implementation of the Comprehensive Everglades
Restoration Plan.

DATES: We will accept comments until October 1, 2002.

ADDRESSES: If you wish to comment on the proposed regulations, you may
submit your comments by any one of several methods:
     1. You may submit written comments to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
ATTN: CESAJ-DR-R, P.O. Box 4970, Jacksonville, FL 32232-0019.

[snip}

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com