E-M:/ SUMMER PICNIC

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

If you haven't done so already, please mark your calendar for our Summer
Picnic!

WHEN:  Saturday, Aug. 10, at 1:00 p.m. (rain or shine)

WHERE:  LeFurge Woods Nature Preserve, Superior Township, Washtenaw County
    The entrance is on Prospect Road, exactly 1/2 mile north of Geddes (2.5
miles south of Ford Road).  For a map and directions, go to www.mapquest.com
and use the address 2252 N. Prospect Road, Ypsilanti MI  48198.

ACTIVITIES:  Kids games, volleyball, water balloon toss, nature hike & more!

SILENT AUCTION including many great gifts:  A private group excursion on a
catamaran boat on the Detroit River/Lake Erie; nature gifts for kids; nature
books, arts & crafts, outdoor gear; gift certificates for restaurants, golf
outings, and Dixboro General Store; bat houses; wine; a vintage Spiderman
comic book...and much, much more!

POT LUCK & BARBECUE - We will provide hot dogs, Italian sausage and soft
drinks.  Bring your favorite side dish to pass, as well as plates and
utensils.

To help us plan for food, an RSVP is requested, but not required to attend.

We hope that you can attend!  The more the merrier--bring your family,
neighbors and friends!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com

P.S.  We could still use some more items for our Silent Auction.  If you have
a new item you would like to contribute, please reply by e-mail or call our
Ann Arbor office at 734-997-0942.