RE: RE: E-M:/ RE: / Sagady's "Tough Guy-100" Environmental Questions for Posthu m...

Enviro-Mich message from Karen Trevino <ktrevino@asgren.com>

Alex - per your questions to Granholm and Posthumous......

And what if neither one of them has, then what?  Will you vote for
neither?!! And what if they both have?  What would you do then? Vote for
both?

I don't mean to be rude, but your questions don't seem to flow logically
from anything that remotely resembles political reality.  It must be nice to
sit wherever you are and ponder and pontificate the world in such a lofty
manner.

Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Bruce Babbitt together probably did more to
conserve the natural resources of this country since maybe as far back as
Roosevelt/Garfield or Kennedy/Johnson/Udall and certainly as far back as
Carter/Andress and I am fairly certain that most of them never had the
luxury of the fanciful escapes from office you envision for our state's
political leaders.  In fact the only one who did, Bruce Babbitt, was often
criticized for the amount of time he spent experiencing our woods, rivers,
mountains and oceans/coral reefs.

The important thing is not so much that our two gov. candidates have ever
been to the places you list or have experienced those things you deem
significant - the important thing for a good public leader such as a
governor, is that she/he has good staff who can explain the importance of
those places and feelings they invoke in others when the Gov. cannot or
simply has not experienced them herself/himself and that he/she remains open
minded and committed enough to listen to them (their staff) in the face of
conflicting economic or political interests.  That's what it takes to make
good environmental policy - and then some!

Regards,
Karen Kovacs Treviņo
Director, Environmental Programs
ASG Renaissance