E-M:/ Free Campfire & Corn Roast

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

The Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy will host its next Full Moon Campfire
on Saturday, August 24, beginning at sunset.  We will also have an
old-fashioned corn roast--featuring sweet corn which has been grown on a
local easement-protected farm.

Bring lawn chairs, campfire refreshments, family and friends.  Free camping
is optional.

The entrance to the LeFurge Woods campsite is on the east side of Prospect
Road, exactly 1/2 mile north of Geddes Road (2 1/2 miles south of Ford Road).
 For a map and directions, go to www.mapquest.com and use the address 2252 N.
Prospect Road, Ypsilanti  MI  48198.

Hope to see you there!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com

P.S.  You may want to read a good article in today's Free Press.  "A Gift of
Michigan" on the front page of The Way We Live section (Section E) gives a
nice example of how some people have protected their cherished properties by
working with land conservancies.