E-M:/ Reply on AWMA

Received this reply from Kay Bedenis about my message
encouraging citizen activists to attend some Air and
Waste Management Association conferences.....

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kay Bedenis <kbedenis@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Air and Waste Management Association Conference
To: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>

Thanks for the support Alex!

I don't know if you know about the Environmental
Resource Guides that A&WMA has available. They are
geared towards school children, with modules broken up
by age/grade level and also media (separate guides for
K - 5, 6 - 8 and high school, and then air resources
and water/waste).  Modules contain information and
then an "experiment" or demonstration to show the
principles in action.  There was quite a crew of
national experts who put the guides together, notably
Ann Pope from EPA in RTC.

The guides are available in English and Spanish.  We
(the East Michigan Chapter) try to distribute them
through Train the Teacher programs, but they are
available to the public through the A&WMA bookstore
(www.awma.org)

There may be others out there who are interested in
this material.

Thanks, again.  Kay

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com