From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Kenneth Vermeulen
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 1:25 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net; anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org; andrewimutch@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Woman allegedly uses gun to halt manure spreading

Because the message came (without condemnation) from the Director of the Sierra Club's Mackinac chapter!  If she didn't send the message in support of the woman's actions, it sure read that way.

Still waiting for a response from Sierra Club. . .

Ken

>>> Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com> 09/05/02 12:19PM >>>
Can you explain why the Sierra Club needs to
publically condemn this behavior? Did this woman claim
to represent the Sierra Club? Did she claim that her
actions were sanctioned or justified by the SC's
statements or positions?

I'm not arguing that her actions were justified. But I
think you are maliciously trying to make a connection
between this woman's actions and the strong stand the
SC has taken against agri-business who willfully
pollute Michigan's rivers and lakes. There's
absolutely no basis for any connection unless YOU are
trying to advance a political agenda. When examples of
farm pollution occur, I do not demand that every
farmer in the state condemn the action, although I'm
sure that many would. Instead, I demand that the
polluters be held accountable for their crimes. I
don't see why this case should be any different. This
woman, not the Sierra Club, needs to answer for her
actions if she acted outside the law.

Andrew Mutch
Novi