E-M:/ urgent/ calls needed re House/Senate energy bill

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

There is an important "Dear Colleague" letter being circulated by Reps. Shay,

Olver, and Gilchrist.

It is directed to the conferees of the House / Senate Energy Bill; it calls
for inclusion of the Senate bill's 'climate titles' ...amendments directed at

addressing climate change.

Deadline for sign on to the letter is 6pm tonight.  Sorry for last minute
notice; one of those moving quickly things.  They are approaching 100
signatories from the House; more needed

It would be particularly helpful if Rep.'s Conyers and Levin could be
encouraged to sign on.  Please call if you are in their districts OR call
whomever is your Congress member.

Conyers office number is 202-225-5126
Levin   202-225-4961

The Dear Colleague letter says, in part:

"We respectfully urge you to develop a comprehensive energy policy that
begins to take steps towards addressing global climate change.

"The climate titles in the Senate bill include a number of commonsense steps
that will ensure public disclosure of greenhouse gas emissions from large
emitters, create a White House Office of Climate Policy, encourage U.S.
participation in international climate change negotiations, provide for the
development of a report to Congress on a national strategy to stabilize
emissions, and expand research and innovative technology.

"These provisions are an important effort to find meaningful common ground to

begin addressing our impact on the global climate even as we ensure reliable
energy supplies.  We are hopeful that you will use the energy conference as
an opportunity to begin to address the issue of climate change."

thanks,
Kim Winchell
MI Interfaith Climate Change Campaign