E-M:/ Michigan DEQ OBJECTS to ALABAMA Hyundai Plant Permit

Well, I guess I am just dumbfounded by this -- This almost seems like New
York City's corrupt Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall going to Philadelphia's
police department and complaining they aren't tough enough on the
criminals -- even if they are right, consider the source!  AW

Plant permit faces fight

The Associated Press

Michigan officials, who lost out in the bid for a Hyundai plant, have filed
an objection to the environmental permit needed for the auto plantís Alabama
location near Montgomery, but officials say it wonít halt the project.
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality filed comments Thursday in
Hyundaiís application for air permits from the Alabama Department of
Environmental Management, saying the state isnít enforcing stringent federal
standards for the project.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWS/StoryAlabamahyundai923w.htm

Anne Woiwode, Staff Director, Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
109 East Grand River Avenue, Lansing, Michigan 48906
517-484-2372; fax 517-484-3108  anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org
visit the Mackinac Chapter on the web at http://michigan.sierraclub.org