Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ DEQ Reorganization

I know that Delavan is not proposing this, but the text almost says that "Pollution by dilution" is OK.  In fact, we have learned that huge bodies of water such as the Great Lakes, and other ecosystems can be brought to its biological knees.  We have to learn that diluted point source pollution is just not acceptable, and cleanup costs are a part of doing business.