E-M:/ WMEAC Nov. 1 First Friday Luncheon

Enviro-Mich message from WMEAC info <info@wmeac.org>

WMEAC Friends,

Below is the information on our November 1 First Friday luncheon.  Sounds
fascinating.  We hope you can make it.

Lisa

FIRST FRIDAY LUNCHEON

SPEAKER:     Tom Stanton, BEST Options, LLC, Lansing.  Tom has worked and
lectured in the fields of electric utility regulation, demand-side
management and energy efficiency, renewable energy, resource management &
recycling and community based energy policy and economic development for the
past 24 years, including for the Michigan Public Service Commission.

TOPIC:       "A Pattern Language for Conservation Economies."  Any "pattern
language" is, in a sense, the genetic information for a given design
problem.  Tom will speak about specific patterns for achieving sustainable
communities.  He'll give us a whirlwind tour of some of the most important
patterns developed so far and will present ideas about how to translate this
information into successful actions we take in our own communities to
support more sustainable development.

DATE:        Friday November 1, 2002

PLACE:       St. Marks Church
             134 N. Division (At Pearl)
             Grand Rapids, MI

TIME:        12 Noon - buffet lunch
             12:20 to 1:30 - program

COST:        Lunch $7.00 for members and $8.00 for non-members
             Free to those wishing to bring their own lunch
           * RSVP by Wednesday, October 30.

* * * * *
Lisa Locke
West Michigan Environmental Action Council
1514 Wealthy SE, Suite 280
Grand Rapids, MI 49506-2755
(616) 451-3051
Fax: (616) 451-3054