Re: E-M:/ Vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <williamtobler@critterswoods.org>

Alex,
Do you have more Pro/Con information on Prop 4?  I am still undecided.
I followed your link below, and I appreciate some of the sentiments,
but am not convinced yet.

Especially, I am unconvinced about the argument of the private grab of
public money.  Alright, I agree that we can't necessariy trust the
proposed recipients.  On the other hand, why should I trust the
Executive and Legislative branches of Michigan?  Their track records
are far less than laudable.  Yes, I am concerned by the runaway costs
of the medical industry.  But I am also concerned by the runaway costs
of the "education" industry.

One thing that I especially hate in modern government is imposing a tax
on one thing like cigarettes (and I have never smoked), using arguments
about the effects on health, and then turn around and spend all of the
new tax money on something entirely unrelated.  The public laundering
of public money so that none of it is accountable is despicable.

Although I very much support education, dumping more money down another
rathole is not the way I want to manage the money.  I particularly
don't like all of the hidden taxes in order to support other people's
progeny.  I strongly believe that if we sorted through all of the
hidden taxes and binned them where it was appropriate, that the
landscape would change significantly.

So, lets see more good arguments Pro/Con on Prop 4.  Much of what I see
is just political rhetoric.  Less than convincing.
<ajs@sagady.com>
---

> For anyone on the Enviro-Mich list who is not planning
> to vote in next week's election, here is some contrary
> inspiration from Texas columnist, Molly Ivens....
>
> http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?
itemid=13993&CFID=3327634&CFTOKEN=12841151

------
> Alex J. Sagady & Associates  http://my.voyager.net/~ajs/sagady.pdf
>
> Environmental Enforcement, Technical Review, Public Policy and
> Communications on Air, Water and Waste/Community Environmental
Protection