E-M:/ Impact of sewer on freshwater, inland lakes?

Enviro-Mich message from Me <awfar@glis.net>

Does anyone have results on freshwater lakes *after* a municipal sewer
system is built and in operation?

Is there objective results from instrumentation, like showing
significant phosphorus level drop, and how long does it take to notice
the difference?

How about a subjective measure ("Wow, there really is less weeds in the
lake than 3 years ago...", or, "boy it is cleaner")?

Does this only slow down eutrophication? Or, can I expect it to get
"better"?

Or, will there still be OTHER significant issues (some would say
impossible) because of fertilizer runoff, etc. that will minimize the
sewer's impact?

What can I expect and how long?

Thank you,
Fred Farleigh
Long Lake, Orleans, Ionia County MI.
New part-owner ($15k, my part) in an *expensive* sewer system, going
online soon to a septage lagoon near you...

Long Lake is a 365 Acre lake, appears to be very little runoff from
agriculture in the source(s), 3/4 shallow depth, 3/4 residential build
up.