E-M:/ Picket Meijers for selling Ice Mountain this saturday in Madison Heights

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Boycott Ice Mountain!
Tell Meijers to Just Say No!

Rally and Picket at Meijers
Saturday, November 2nd
12 Ė 2pm
Meijers store in Madison Heights--between Dequindre
and John R on 13 mile road.

Who We Are:
	The Sweetwater Alliance is a state-wide coalition
made up of several community, political and
environmental organizations dedicated to the defense
and liberation of essential resources from corporate
control. It is our belief that the rights of people,
wildlife, and all living things to water and other
shared resources are sacred rights which can never be
compromised for the benefit of a few.

Why We Need You:
The Sweetwater Alliance urges you to come and spend
two hours Saturday afternoon to convince Meijers that
Michigan shoppers donít want to support a
multi-national corporation that is stealing our water
and selling it back to us. Many people still do not
know that for $85, Ice Mountain bought a permit to
pump 400 gallons of water a minute from Michiganís
underground water system. For this small investment,
they stand to make a profit of $1.8 million every day.
As if that were not enough, they were awarded a
package of tax abatements equaling $9.6 million!
Michigan citizens stand to lose their tax money,
environmental quality and local democratic control of
a public resource.

What We Need To Do:
By drawing public attention to this issue, we hope to
use the power of a consumer boycott to pressure Ice
Mountain to shut down its Stanwood, MI facility and
stop pumping the water out of our future. In order to
accomplish this goal, we will be focusing on a
different Meijer store each month to inform shoppers
of our boycott. We have chosen Meijers as a target
because it is a major supplier of Perrier products,
including Ice Mountain. Water for life, Not for
Profit!

Come join us on Saturday and at our weekly meetings.
We meet every Tuesday at 7:30pm at the Unitarian
Church on Forest and Cass Ave. in Detroit. Contact us
at stopperrier@yahoo.com or check out our web site at
waterissweet.org