Re: E-M:/ lame ducks quack louder

I call on Jennifer Granholm to commit now to remove all of those serving in
such lame duck environmental appointments if she is elected......especially
for Russ Harding......

At 12:06 AM 10/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>
>
>DEQ lame ducks will not go gently into that good night -- but perhaps the
>ultimate irony is that Russell Harding is being appointed to "represent
>the general public" that he has done so much to cheat out of its rightful
>place in state environmental decision-making.
>
>The explosion of late-term appointments by Engler deserves more attention
>than it is getting and special scrutiny.
>

>Governor Appoints Two to Great Lakes Protection Fund Board of Trustees
>
>October 30, 2002
>
>Governor John Engler today announced the appointments of two individuals
>to the Great Lakes Protection Fund Board of Trustees.  The $100 million
>fund was established in 1989, and provides grants for projects that help
>institutions and agencies of the Great Lakes region work together toward
>cleaning up their shared lake resources. The board also works to educate
>the general public about the importance of the Great Lakes, and what
>citizens and businesses can do to help restore them.
>
>Dave Ladd, of Lansing, is director of the Office of the Great Lakes.  He
>is re-appointed to represent the general public.
>
>Russell J. Harding, of East Lansing, is director of the Department of
>Environmental Quality.  He replaces Dennis Schornack, of Williamston,
>whose term has expired.  Harding will represent the general public.
>
>Both terms end October 11, 2004.

>Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.
>http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com
"NO" on Michigan Proposal 4 ---   Say "no" to public money grab by private
organizations when state faces a $1 billion deficit.
http://www.protectmiconstitution.com/

NO on Prop 4 Flyer:  http://www.protectmiconstitution.com/PPKCpdf2.pdf