E-M:/ Endocrine disrupters are very common

WAS: results of an atrazine/frog study published today

Hello,

Per the post below, the weed killer atrazine is only one of many
endocrine disrupters which cause "gender bending" in many life forms,
including mammals, which affects their ability to reproduce.

Some of the more widely known endocrine disrupters are: ddt, heavy metals,
pcbs, heptachlor, dioxin-like compounds, and more than 50 other chemicals
that are commonly used in various industrial processes.

Also, in our homes, many common items contain compounds which are
endocrine disrupters: detergents, sun screens, shampoos, paints, and
plastics.

Also, another potent source of endocrine disrupters is from hormone
replacement therapy and contraceptive pills, via the urine that goes
down the toilet and eventually ends up in our water.

In short, we are slowly but surely, driving many life forms including
ourselves, towards extinction by lessening the ability to reproduce.

Tulane University maintains a very informative www site of the subject:
Environmental Concepts Made Easy (ECME)
http://www.som.tulane.edu/ecme/eehome/

Lowell Prag