Re: E-M:/ RE: / Picket Meijers for selling Ice Mountain thissaturday in Madison Heights

Enviro-Mich message from <williamtobler@critterswoods.org>

It matters little whether Michigan is a net importer or exporter of water
based fluids.  I fail to see an iota of logic behind this.

It also matters little whether the permit given by the MDEQ was "legal" or
not. This is a controversial subject anyway, as are many MDEQ "permits" in
recent years.

Even if it had been done properly, how many times do people say "there ought
to be a law" against this?

What really matters is whether a big company comes in and mines a resource
that originates off of their property, and mines it in such a way that
causes that vital resource to be unavailable to those who were there first,
and to those that desperately need the resource for health, safety,
utilization and value of their own property.

There might be room for controversy if the bottled water product was
actually a vital resource product, instead of what it really is - an
extremely wasteful yuppy product.

This is not a new regulatory problem, nor should  it be a difficult problem
for either the MDEQ or the legislature.  Both have been hiding in caves for
a long time counting their lobbiest dollars instead of doing their jobs.

Picketing  and boycotting Meijers for selling a "product" that comes from
these roots makes total sense to me.