Re: E-M:/ Deer Disease and Road Kill

I've not heard about the plates, but CWD is not presently known to exist in Michigan and your post seems to imply this is an existing issue. We're doing everything we can to monitor for the disease through surveillance testing in various counties. It's a legitimate concern if CWD is ever discovered here, but I want to be clear that it is not a disease presently afflicting Michigan deer.
b.

Brad Wurfel
Press Secretary,
Michigan Department of Natural Resources

>>> "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com> 11/15/02 12:15PM >>>

I've been hearing that the State is going to have
a special licence plate that will help pay to remove
road killed deer.

The question I have is whether road killed deer are, or will be,
going to rendering plants and the implication of this
for transmission of chronic wasting disease to other sectors......

Alex J. Sagady & Associates  http://my.voyager.net/~ajs/sagady.pdf

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com