E-M:/ RE: / RE: / the outgoing administration's dioxin gift to Michigan

Previously, I have thought that perhaps it was excessive to refer to the
Engler administration's dying days as a conscious and vicious effort to
"salt the earth", but as the horror show unfolds it is clear that is in fact
the goal.

One has to ask what exactly is the legacy these folks are hoping to leave?
Destroy the state's capacity to do even the jobs this waning administration
considered important by gutting the treasury and shutting down all tools for
replenishing it.  Frantically striking deals to let environmental
lawbreakers go free, so that they may leave devastated families and
communities behind and pollute again.  Appoint wholly unacceptable people to
important posts that extend well into the Granholm administration.

This seems to confirm that this administration has never been about any kind
of vision, but rather has been driven by a deep, abiding hatred of the
people and environment of Michigan, and now they are desperate to inflict
the last gashes and wounds -- like a retreating army killing all the cattle
and pouring salt onto the earth so that if they can't hold it no one will be
able to live on it anyway.

We need to wait for history to objectively judge the role this
administration has played in the history of our state and nation, but I am
convinced it will be found to have been the most corrupt administration ever
to take hold of Michigan.  John Engler, whose timing has been exquisite
throughout his political career, blew it by staying in office about a year
too long.  All the seeds of this relative Armageddon were planted during the
previous 11 years, and no doubt they hoped to see the next administration
suffer the ravaging blows without so clearly leaving the Engler mark on the
disaster they hatched.

So when the triplets are old enough to learn about Michigan history, will
their teachers tell the truth about how bad for Michigan their father was?

Anne Woiwode
Enviro-Mich message from David Holtz <david.holtz@sierraclub.org>

This is the most disgusting, blatantly corrupt and arrogant action by a
public agency in Michigan I have ever witnessed.  It appears that we
have reached the point where corporate corruption is acceptable even at
the expense of public health as long as it's being done by politicians
who are knowingly bought and paid for by big business.  Then, I guess,
it's not news.