Re: E-M:/ Public comments on the proposed Consent Order withDow

Enviro-Mich message from "Erik Janus" <Janus@nwf.org>

I strongly echo Dave's sentiment.  I am a formally trained
and experienced human health risk assessor and even I am
having difficulties following the contractor's risk
assessment.  I don't see how "laypeople" like
the Midland residents could possibly digest and comment
on all the info involved.  Even the EPA said they could not
review this is the time period allotted.

- Erik Janus

Erik R. Janus
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
National Wildlife Federation
213 West Liberty, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI  48104-1322
phone (734) 769-3351, ext. 44
fax (734) 769 1449
janus@nwf.org

>>> "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com> 11/26/02 10:39PM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

Everyone closely tracking this issue knows that the illegal elements of
the
earlier proposed consent order persist in the new draft. Whether they
are
renumbered or on different pages, or slightly reworded, matters not.
What
matters is that this is the most blatant giveaway of the public trust
I've
witnessed in 20 years of environmental policy work. Citizens must
fiercely
oppose it.