Re: E-M:/ Public comments on the proposed Consent Order with Dow

Title: Re: E-M:/ Public comments on the proposed Consent Orde
I appreciate Mr. Lanigan's review of the documents relevant
to the DEQ's consent order with Dow Chemical.   I would ask him to
take a closer look yet.

The Ecology Center has, in fact, scrupulously fact-checked our own assertions in our
public statements.  We have asked attorneys for their view
of the current consent order, and, in their opinion, they concur with the AG
that elements of the order are illegal.  The order's substance apparently has not
significantly changed from the earlier version.  Our press release
repeatedly mentions the AG opinion is based on an earlier version
of the order.

The Ecology Center hasn't yet posted the Leffler memo.  The Reichel memo
provided far more details, and, at the time of the release, we had a very
poor copy of the Leffler memo that would have been hard to read on the website.
We will post it when we can, but we
can and have provided copies to any interested party.

Indeed each citizen must come to their own conclusions about the actions
of the state leadership and Dow Chemical in this matter, and must
weigh the veracity of the claims made by each of us, including those
who post to enviro-mich.