Re: E-M:/ Info on Mobile Park Limit Legislation

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

Shannon,

A quick search at:

http://michiganlegislature.org/

on "Mobile Home"

turned up 100 hits. I then used the "Search within
these documents for:" field and searched on "limit".
That narrowed the list to 10. You'll find the bills
you want at the top of the list. These House and
Sentate bills were introduced in Jan. 2001 and sent to
committee where they have languised without even being
acted on. This should be no surprise. The Mobile Home
industry has resisted even the most basic reforms and
refuses to give way on any of the power that they now
control through the MH Commission in Lansing where the
park owners and manufacturers essentially wield veto
power. Don't hold your breath waiting for these bills
to ever become law.

Andrew Mutch
Novi