Re: E-M:/ Info on Mobile Park Limit Legislation

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

Just to clarify for those who are interested in the
details, there were two sets of bills, one introduced
by Leon Stille in the Senate and the other by a group
of Reps. in the House. Both would have amended the
County, City\Village and Township Zoning Acts such
that a community could not be required to have more
than a set percentage of the total dwelling units
located with mobile home parks. Senator Stille would
have set that number at 10%. The Reps had set the
limit at 20%. For some reason, the Township-specific
bill that Senator Stille sponsored did not appear in
the limited search I described. You can link to it
here:

http://michiganlegislature.org/mileg.asp?page=getObject&objName=2001-SB-0743

Andrew Mutch