E-M:/ Re: DEFCON 2

At 08:22 AM 11/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>To Whom It May Concern:
>
>Yesterdays email re: going to "DEFCON 1" mode crystallized the fear many
>of us have had as we pick up dots coming out of DC and begin to connect
>them.  Equally troubling is the apparent arrogance being shown to the
>world by our foreign policy.  Reminiscent of the Viet Nam War's "Ugly
>American"  and the Frank Sinatra song "I did it my way."
>
>My purpose in writing is not only to thank you but also to ask what
>"DEFCON" stands for.
>
>My impression is Defense of the Constitution.

DEFCON is a military acronym for DEFENSE CONDITION

See, for example, http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/c3i/defcon.htm

I use it by analogy to reflect our current political battle position and
needed state of political action readiness in the national citizen
effort on environmental protection and conservation......

>Also, I now have 3 addresses for Enviro-Mich.    ajs@sagady.com ,
>Majordomo@superior.great-lakes.net , and  asagady@sojourn.com. What are
>their functions?

Don't use any of these for EM functions

Mail you wish to send to the whole EM list should be sent to
enviro-mich@great-lakes.net

>Thank you
>
>Bruce D. Jones

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com