Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Wetlands Mapping/repost from GLIN

Perhaps Director Harding and the Governor deserve a little credit?

>>> "Matthew Johnstone" <JOHNSTOM@michigan.gov> 12/05/02 08:21AM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Matthew Johnstone" <JOHNSTOM@michigan.gov>

To map wetlands at a degree of spatial resolution that has any benefit
to either regulators or the regulated community requires a huge
commitment of time, money, and human resources - none of which the state
has had a surplus of in a very long time, if ever.  Anyone who has ever
worked in the field on wetland delineations knows this is an enormous
undertaking.

>>> <ENVLESQ@aol.com> 12/04/02 06:52PM >>>
Mapping Michigan wetlands
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality is answering a
23-year-old
mandate to inventory the state's wetlands. Source: Detroit Free Press
(11/30)

Anybody know, or even have a guess . . . what the *&^*$%* took so
long???

D. Niehuus