[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ Press Release - Citizens Sue to Stop Dioxin Deal Between State - Dow
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ Press Release - Citizens Sue to Stop Dioxin Deal Between State - Dow
- From: ENVLESQ@aol.com
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:44:55 EST
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: ENVLESQ@aol.com
This development is certainly encouraging.
While seeking injunctions is a worthwhile and expedient recourse, albeit frequently short-lived insofar as solutions go, why is it that mandamus is so infrequently pursued when it comes to forcing the state to essentially do its job? Objectives and obligations stated in statutes are meant to be achieved and fulfilled. When they're not, mandamus actions should be carefully considered, and if viable, filed to hold the responsible feet to the fires.