E-M:/ Free Press editorial: CAFO rules and Dow deal

E-M:

As we give thanks at this time of year, we should be thankful for a major,
statewide paper whose editorial page is often one of the few reservoirs of
common sense about environmental policy issues.  Here are two editorials
today, one regarding the concentrated animal feeding operations federal
rules and Michigan permit, and the other regarding the toxic precedent the
Dow deal (Dow-gate anyone?) could set.  AW

Toxic Potential

Abuse too likely with new rules for mega-farms
http://www.freep.com/voices/editorials/ecafo27_20021227.htm

Cleanup deal with Dow would be pollution mess
http://www.freep.com/voices/editorials/ediox27_20021227.htm

Anne Woiwode, Staff Director, Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
109 East Grand River Avenue, Lansing, Michigan 48906
517-484-2372; fax 517-484-3108  anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org
visit the Mackinac Chapter on the web at http://michigan.sierraclub.org