[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Amish run afoul of law over 'gray water'
- Subject: E-M:/ Amish run afoul of law over 'gray water'
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:41:39 EST
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
We normally consider environmental standards, zoning, and land use practices in terms of adapting our modern conveniences to our lifestyles. There are environmental conflicts with other cultures such as the Amish that will surface more often in the future.
>From the GR Press:
But, VanDenHeuvel has argued it is unfair to apply the same standard to homes that have no toilets, showers, dishwashers, washing machines or garbage disposals.
Amish run afoul of law over 'gray water'