Re: E-M:/ Best end of the year present-- Dow-gate deal OVER

Enviro-Mich message from "Erik Janus" <Janus@nwf.org>

Is it possible for someone to send me a copy of this AP story?

Many thanks in advance,
- Erik Janus

Erik R. Janus
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
National Wildlife Federation
213 West Liberty, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI  48104-1322
phone (734) 769-3351, ext. 44
fax (734) 769 1449
janus@nwf.org

>>> "Anne Woiwode" <anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org> 12/27/02 08:18PM >>>

State's proposed deal with Dow falls apart

By Mike Tyree
The Associated Press
12/27/02 6:05 PM

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) -- Midland resident Diane Hebert couldn't
contain
her enthusiasm Friday upon learning of the demise of a widely
criticized,
state-brokered deal with Dow Chemical Co.

"I am just thrilled," said Hebert, among area residents and
environmentalists who sued to prevent the state Department of
Environmental
Quality and Dow from cutting a deal to raise allowable dioxin
contamination
levels nine-fold in Midland. "This wasn't good for the public in any
way

<SNIP>

FULL STORY:

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/newsflash/get_story.ssf?/

cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?g7863_BC_MI--DowDeal&&news&newsflash-michigan