[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Next case: Trees vs. runway
- Subject: E-M:/ Next case: Trees vs. runway
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:51:54 EST
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Next case: Trees vs. runway
Now the fight is in Kent County Circuit Court, where the privately owned but publicly licensed airport asks the court to enforce the state's 57-year-old aviation code and declare the trees a public nuisance and hazard to navigation.
"How can that be right?" asked Barbara Miltibarger. "They are trying to make us think we are responsible for their airport. This is a bunch of guys trying to tell us we have to do something on our property so they can keep playing with their toys."