E-M:/ High Volume Compost Facility

Enviro-Mich message from "Kate Webber" <kjwlists@local-motion.org>

I received the below message from a resident of New Baltimore, MI regarding
a high volume compost facility.  Is anyone on this list knowledgeable about
the facility or the issue of high volume composting?  I would like to put
her in contact with someone better equipped to give her information--also
would like to learn more about the issue myself.

Thank you.

Kate webber
LocalMotion

Message from New Baltimore resident:

I am looking for information on effects on children living near a high
volume compost facility. Ten years ago this facility was forced upon us. We
have been fighting this facility the whole time. They are not regulated by
anyone. Any time I ask what could this be doing to the health of families
near by, no one has anything to tell us. My [son?] has very bad allergies,
he is
now on the shot therapy. Many children in the area have asthma problems. I
am hoping that you may have some information that may help us & our
neighbors.  Thank you in advance.