RE: E-M:/ Where's the outrage? MORE . . .

Enviro-Mich message from "Mary La France" <mary.lafrance@mindspring.com>

The funding mentioned in my previous e-mail had an error.  See correction
below in quotes.

Mis-management has effected "Detroit's" ability to get our fair share of
federal funds.

A scant $8 million was awarded to "Detroit" compared to "Baltimore which
received $16.9 million." Statewide, Michigan received $21 million in lead
abetment funding while California received $81.1 million.

It also should be noted that effected families in Detroit/Wayne county have
had to wait years for abatement, and many go on waiting. Meanwhile single
room apartments attractive for seniors were renovated with the money just to
meet housing quotas. Seniors are not affected by lead exposure in the same
magnitude as young children.

P.S. George W. Bush was trying to eliminate Medicaid provisions that would
continue to test children for lead poisoning. He didn't succeed.

If you haven't read it yet check out:  http://www.freep.com/news/

Look in the 'CHILDREN FIRST" section for 5 article group.....

Detroit News/editorial

http://www.detnews.com/2003/editorial/0301/03/a10-50570.htm

enviro-mich"