E-M:/ Environmental Education Stakeholder Meeting

Enviro-Mich message from Dale Elshoff <elshoff@msue.msu.edu>

Dear Michigan Environmental Education Stakeholder,

For over twenty years, various organizations, task forces, advisory
committees and working groups have made recommendations regarding
environmental education in the state of Michigan. Many stakeholders have
dedicated a tremendous amount of time and energy toward advancing EE in
Michigan, and we can be proud of how far we have come. However, there is
still a lot of work to be done.

On March 5, 2003, the Michigan Environmental Education Advancement
Consortium (MEEAC) will meet in East Lansing. The purpose of the consortium
is to advance EE in Michigan, using national and regional models
recommended by the US EPA Office of Environmental Education. This is not a
visioning or planning meeting; this is an ACTION meeting. We will review
progress made on past recommendations, get updates on national and state EE
initiatives, and then decide what we need to DO next. MEEAC is not an
advising or visioning group, the focus will be ACTION.

MEEAC's membership is open: representatives from any organization
interested in advancing EE in Michigan are welcome to participate. We would
like your organization to participate in the consortium, and encourage you
to forward this invitation to others who you think would be interested. The
one thing to keep in mind is that all participants will be expected to DO
something to advance EE in Michigan. Participants will determine specific
tasks they can accomplish to advance EE in Michigan at the meeting.

If you are interested in attending, please reply to this message and we
will send registration materials. If you are interested in MEEAC but cannot
attend the meeting, or you are not interested in participating at all,
please reply as such and we will adjust our database accordingly.

We look forward to working with you!

Participants of the EPA Region 5 EE Leadership Clinic:
Lynn Dominguez- Instructor, Central Michigan University
Dale Elshoff;  Project WILD Coordinator, Michigan State University
Sue Erhardt; Education & Outreach Coordinator, The Greening of Detroit
Mark Fitzpatrick; Education Director, Blandford Nature Center
Jon Gray; Teacher, Lake Orion Public Schools
Casey Harris; Director of Education, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute
Elaine Kampmueller; Instructor, Grand Rapids Community College
Jennifer VanderLaan; Graduate Student, Michigan State University