Re: E-M:/ RE: / RE: / Bottle Bill Expansion editorials

Enviro-Mich message from Jeff Surfus <jeffsurfus@comcast.net>

Based on the info below, I would say that it is the same Mary Dechow.

Jeff Surfus
NO WASTE

________________

This from the Michigan Retailers Association website:

"MRA has for years participated in the Michigan Recycling Partnership,
composed of retail and industry groups involved with recycling but
cognizant of the burdens the bottle deposit law imposes on retailers. The
coalition is formulating a strategy to defeat any proposal that may
further adversely affect the retail community."
___________________

This from the Michigan Grocers Association website:

"MGA leads the opposition to House Bill 4096 that would expanded mandatory
container deposits to other beverages in containers a gallon or less in
size including non-carbonated water, fruit juices and iced tea.  .....
As the founders of the Michigan Recycling Partnership, we continue to work
with other segments of the food industry to find solutions to the problems
of solid waste disposal."

This from a 4/23/01 Detroit News editorial:

"....Waging a counter-offensive is the Michigan Recycling Partnership, a
coalition of the state's largest grocery store chains and bottling
companies...."