E-M:/ Thurs 8m Alma College hosts Speaker on Cleanly Producing Industries in Mid-Michigan

Dear Enviro-Mich, Some of you may be interested in this speaker this Thursday Feb. 6 at 8pm at Alma College.   See WWW.Alma.edu for directions and a campus map.

~~Rita

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Keon

Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:01 AM
To: list snipped

Subject: Research scientist

As we've mentioned at recent meetings, an interesting research scientist will speak at Alma College at 8 p.m. on Thursday of this week in the Skinner Lecture Room at Alma College's Dow Science Center.  Don Huisingh, editor-in-chief for the Journal of Cleaner Production will speak about sustainable communities that contain cleanly producing industries.  He will relate his theories to communites in mid-Michigan, as well as offering a global focus.  Attend if you can.  This talk should widen our scope for thinking about the future of our communities in regards to industry.