E-M:/ Two Michigan Landfills requesting permit approvals for expansion

Enviro-Mich message from Jeff Surfus <jeffsurfus@comcast.net>

In light of the continued barrage of out-of-state waste into Michigan, the
following two permit applications to DEQ warrant our attention.

Today's DEQ calendar, located at:

(http://www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3308-61811--,00.html)

indicates that 2 Michigan landfills are currently applying for a Part 115
Solid Waste Management construction permit "for a type II solid waste
landfill (both horizontal and vertical expansion) on the existing
property."

These are:

WASTE MANAGEMENT OF MICHIGAN, INC.
EAGLE VALLEY RECYCLING AND DISPOSAL FACILITY
OAKLAND COUNTY

and

GRANGER WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY
CLINTON COUNTY

DEQ contact info for more info on these facilities and the permit
applications are listed in the calendar.

We need to start paying attention to this stuff folks!!

Jeff Surfus
NO WASTE