E-M:/ Earth Day Opportunity with a Book Worm (Ooops - Worm Book)

Friends,
I would like to share an unabashed endorsement of an earthday opportunity and some excellent educational materials.  >Mary Applehof is a friend and scientist "extraordinare".  Her unassuming "world headquarters" are in Kalamazoo and if it is worms you want, worms you will get, but it is hard not to get an education about sustainable living if you talk to her.

Mary knows more about worms than anyone I know and is committed to sustainable
earth practices (well ok, so I don't know many people who are worm experts:>).  She studies the many worm species world-wide.  Her focus for business, however is focused on home use of worms to "eat my garbage".  In my book, she is devoted to education more than to profit.  I am guessing that most of her proceeds are fed back into her efforts to make kids, big and small, more ecologically minded when it comes to managing our food wastes.  She is active on a global basis, continuing to work overseas in India, Russia, and elsewhere, spreading the word.  Mary is a Michigan treasure (if we may claim her)!

Anyway, here is some information I received from her with a request asking if I would mind sharing it.  I am privileged to do so, so here 'tis.
Regards,
Chuck

Subj: Worm Powering Kids
>Date: 03/05/2003 4:12:49 PM Eastern Standard Time
>From: <mailto:mappelho@tds.net>mappelho@tds.net
>To: <mailto:cubbagec@aol.com>cubbagec@aol.com

>Worm Powering Kids
>Looking for ideas on how to get involved during the 33rd anniversary of
>Earth Day? Eco-minded adults across the nation are planning to read "Compost, By Gosh!" to groups of children to celebrate Earth Day 2003. To empower,
>educate and love children is to read to them.

[copywrite protected poem (delightful) omitted]