From: Praxis
To: bailey.joseph@epa.gov
Cc: cimino.pat@epa.gov ; knox.kathleen@epa.gov
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 10:46 AM
Subject: Misrepresentation of pesticide label information by public officials.

Official misrepresentation of pesticide label information.

Dear Mr. Bailey and Mr. James Jones Pesticide Section Chief,

Where is our requested written response (request made 10/16/01) to your claim that EPA enforcement division is completely helpless to prevent public employees from misrepresenting pesticide label information and pesticide label warnings when promoting and endorsing (A.K.A. Selling) pesticide use to the public (both in writing and verbally at public meetings)?  You told me that it is your opinion that EPA has no authority or enforcement responsibility; that you would double check this with enforcement and respond promptly. You have certainly had enough time to get any copies of information previously sent to Praxis on this subject.  This is a time sensitive issue please respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Samuel DeFazio

Praxis

2723   116th Avenue