[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ EcoFluency Forum & Fair Registration Deadline
- Subject: E-M:/ EcoFluency Forum & Fair Registration Deadline
- From: Lowell Prag <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:58:30 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: Lowell Prag <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This should be of general interest to those interested in "practical,
cost-effective, sustainable solutions for dealing with garbage, sewage
Register now for
ECOFLUENCY FORUM & FAIR! Last chance for early-bird discount!
10% discount for early registration ends April 11th!
ECOFLUENCY FORUM & FAIR
New ideas in Ecological Waste Management for Towns, Farms and Rural Households
Will feature over 35 presenters and panelists at the Forum and 50 displays at the Fair.
Innovators, designers, policy makers, municipal officials, business professionals, and researchers will share their expertise and experiences on how to incorporate practical, cost-effective, sustainable solutions for dealing with garbage, sewage and manure.
When: Saturday May 3rd to Sunday May 4th
Where: Beautiful Picton, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Location: Picton Community Centre and Arena
Cost: $35 for two-day basic registration or $70 for two-day full registration
Featured forum speakers:
Just some of all the exceptional panelists at the event will include:
- Dr. Paul Connett--an authority on Zero Waste principles and international practice.
- Dr. Carlos E. Hernandez-- Professor of Waste Management, Co-ordinator of Research and Special Projects at Escuela de Agricultura de la Region Tropical Humeda (EARTH University), Costa Rica.
- John Jackson Great Lakes United & Canadian Institute for Environmental Law & Policy
- Greg Allen, Sustainable Edge and Energy Action Council of Toronto (EnerACT)
The Panels, Workshops and Sessions will include:
- Lawrence Andres, Co-founder of the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario
- Andrew Hellebust, a Project Engineer for EcoWerks Technology Corporation, a company that specializes in the design of biological wastewater treatment and reuse systems
- Iain Gardiner, of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Elizabeth Kenrick from the state-of-the-art Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre
- Rahumathulla Marikkar, Director of Technology and Environment at Interface Flooring Systems (Canada) Inc. a company committed to being the "world s first sustainable company".
- Jane Stinson, Research Director for the Canadian Union of Public Employees who will share experiences in changing public policy.
- Marvin Tucker from Quinte Waste Solutions. Quinte Waste Solutions has an award-winning program achieving 63% reduction in waste that includes blue box recycling, composting, household hazardous waste collection.
- Wolfgang Amelung, ecological bio-systems designer and President/Chief Executive Officer of Genetron Systems, has devoted his focus the last twenty years to the newly born field of "eco-engineering".
Morning Forum#1 Workshops/Panels- Ecological Options
Morning Forum #2 Workshops/Panels Ecological Options
- Natural Sewage Treatment
- Manure Composting: Making the Most out of Animal Waste
- Municipal Recycling and Composting: Techniques and Tactics for Optimal Diversion from Landfills
- Alternatives to Septic Beds
Afternoon Forum #1: Workshops/Panels Overcoming Barriers to Change
- Zero Waste Design: Theory and International Practice in Design, Building, and Manufacture
- Humanure & Composting Toilets: Ecological Options for Rural Households
- Manure as a Resource: Conversion Technologies and Practices
- Municipal and Household Recycling: Techniques and Systems That Work
Afternoon Forum #2: Workshops Overcoming Barriers to Change
- Sewage Treatment, Municipal: Practical Experience in Approval and Monitoring Processes
- Nutrient Management: Government Policies and Actual Practice
- Garbage & Recycling, Municipal: Funding and Infrastructure
- Engaging Citizens Campaigns That Work
- Creating Change
- Ecological Waste/Resource Management What Can We Do?
- Full Session/Sharing
There will also be great social events such as the Mix and Mingle, Buffet Dinner, and Breakfast to make networking more successful and enjoyable! Come join us!
Registration forms are available at http://www.safewatergroup.org/ecofluency/ecofluency-index.htm. Simply download a registration form, fill it out, and submit with payment by mail.
Contact: Tracy Ryan, Communications Coordinator
EcoFluency is presented by Quinte Watershed Cleanup, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition, The Safe Water Group, and CREEK (County Regional Environmental Evaluation Ko-alition) of Prince Edward County.
EcoFluency gratefully acknowledges funding from the Canadian Agricultural Rural Communities Initiative (CARCI), the Ontario Trillium Foundation, Human Resources Development Canada and the Corporation of the County of Prince Edward.