E-M:/ Ann Arbor Land Use Town Meeting April 3

FORWARD FROM SENATOR LIZ BRATER AND REPRESENTATIVE CHRIS KOLB

Dear Friends:

As you may know, Governor Jennifer Granholm has appointed us as members of the Michigan Land Use Leadership Council.  This is a 26 member group which is charged with identifying the trends, causes and consequences of urban sprawl.  We are hopeful that the Council will arrive at policy recommendations which will help control sprawl and protect farmland.

It is very important to gather public input in order to arrive at these recommendations.  We would like to hear from the local community, including our constituents and local officials in Washtenaw County on these matters.  Therefore, we are sponsoring a Land Use Town Meeting on April 3, 2003 at 7 p.m.  The event will be held at Washtenaw Community College in the Student Center Building (the Culinary Arts Dining Room), 4800 E. Huron River Drive.  The internet link to a map of the campus is www.wccnet.org/aboutwcc/maps_campusmap.php.

A website has been created for the Council and already has a wealth of information that you might be interested in reviewing.  That address is www.michiganlanduse.org.

We hope to see you at this meeting.

Sincerely,

Liz Brater                          Chris Kolb

State Senator                       State Representative