E-M:/ TELL FORD MOTOR TO HELP BREAK OIL DEPENDENCE - April 2nd

NOW MORE THAN EVER, WE NEED TO CUT OUR OIL DEPENDENCE

ON APRIL 2nd, TELL FORD MOTOR COMPANY TO HELP

In these serious times, here’s a way for everyone to help make the world a safer, more sustainable place.  Making our cars and trucks go farther on a gallon of gas is the biggest single step to cutting our crippling dependence on oil and curbing global warming.  Now more than ever we need to implement the solutions and technology that exist today to start saving oil and saving lives.

Ford and the other automakers have the technology to make all new cars, SUVs, and pickup trucks average 40 miles per gallon.  Taking this step would save nearly 2 million barrels of oil per day - more oil than we currently import from the entire Persian Gulf and could ever extract from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, combined.  Improving fuel economy to 40 MPG would also save close to 400 million tons of global warming pollution.  But Ford and the other U.S. automakers have kept this fuel-saving technology on the shelf, when they should be putting it on the road in all of their vehicles.  It is time to tell Ford Motor Company to do its part to cut America’s reliance on oil by boosting fuel economy to 40 miles per gallon.

TAKE ACTION ON APRIL 2nd

·    Call Ford and tell them to raise fuel economy

Dial 1-800-392-3673, press 3, and at the next prompt press either 1 or 2.  When a customer service representative comes on the phone, tell them that Ford needs to use existing technology to raise the average fuel economy of all their new cars, pickups, and SUVs to 40 miles per gallon.  Taking this step would cut our reliance on oil and curb global warming.

·    Send an email to top Ford executives – all in the click of a button

Go to www.sierraclub.org/fordaction and follow the directions to send an email.  Let Ford’s top executives know that their customers deserve vehicles that use existing technology to go farther on a gallon of gas.

Dan Farough

Legislative Director

Sierra Club

109 East Grand River