Re: E-M:/ TELL FORD MOTOR TO HELP BREAK OIL DEPENDENCE - April 2nd

Enviro-Mich message from Shannon Carravallah <scarravall@yahoo.com>

Daniel,

Although Ford may have abandoned the "Think" electric
vehicle, the word is they are heavily pursuing hybrids
for future vehicle releases.

Use the attached link explaining that 0% emission
battery-electric cars simply displace emissions from
the tailpipe to the power plant.

http://www.rmi.org/sitepages/pid447.php

Ford has made the right choice by moving from the
electric vehicle to hybrid design. A hybrid Ford
Escape SUV is expected sometime next year.

Bogging down Ford customer service lines will not only
not help the environment, but will unnecessarily
further tax the already struggling to survive auto
maker. Pick up this weeks copy of Barron's & read the
article outlining the precarious position our
remaining "Big Two" US Automakers are facing.

I believe the method to make environmental change you
have outlined in your e-mail below may be well meaning
but in the long run is a mistake.

Now more than ever we need to spend our time (&
money)supporting our American companies instead of
adding to the problem.

--- Daniel Farough <daniel.farough@sierraclub.org>