Re: E-M:/ High Density Developments to Preserve Agricultural Land???

Enviro-Mich message from Shannon Carravallah <scarravall@yahoo.com>

Agreed in the respect that a mix of development
densities is the best way to encourage growth &
protect the environment. This of course includes
high-density developments. However, trying to
accomplish this by using only two extremes, one high
density & one low density is completely unrealistic.

The first thing that comes to mind with Yackness'
approach is the segregation it would create. On the
west side are the wealthy with large custom built
homes on one acre lots & on the east side are the not
so wealthy with a small manufactured homes sharing a
single acre with 7 other families. Is this really the
future we see for our Michigan communities?

Every article I've read regarding planning
developments in communities is that a mix of
development types must be achieved to create the
careful balance needed in order to accommodate our
growing communities & yet maintain its rural
integrity. Yackness' approach is completely off base
with this approach.