Re: E-M:/ bill to protect small wetlands (from the mackinac center's attacks)

Dave,
I was privileged to be involved with some U-M Dearborn and Wayne County Community College students in conducting a wetland survey for Milford Twp about 20 years ago.  The Twp was interested in protecting them and from our survey work, we found that 50% of the wetlands in the twp were < 1/4 acre.  While the unique or rare wetland is worth protecting, it is the average/ordinary wetlands that provide the ecological functions that make them worthwhile.  I'm pleased that Milford Twp saw the value in that.  Let's hope there is more statewide protection!
Regards,
Chuck