[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ bill to protect small wetlands (from the mackinac center's attacks)
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ bill to protect small wetlands (from the mackinac center's attacks)
- From: Sadewass@aol.com
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:41:58 EDT
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: Sadewass@aol.com
Although I guess anything is better than nothing, this bill will have little benefit. In by far the most cases, small wetlands are not being destroyed on State property. The destruction is occurring primarily on private property, or on local government property. Managers of lands under the control of the MDNR (by far the majority of State owned lands) are aware that protection of wetlands, large or small, is a priority. Even MDOT, which historically had a less than stellar history in this area, has been accounting for small wetlands along road construction or improvement projects.
The target should be protection of more than small wetlands on State land.