Re: E-M:/ bill to protect small wetlands (from the mackinac center'sattacks)

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@umich.edu>

Chuck,

In addition, such small (and sometimes ephemeral, or seasonally-wet)
wetlands are essential to animals like amphibians.  Many species of
amphibians, reptiles, and even insects use these small areas at crucial
parts of their life-cycle, like breeding or overwintering.  Often, these
animals need a network of small wetlands with natural upland habitats in
between, so it isn't sufficient to save one or two wetlands separated by
roads, houses, or other developments.

	--Barb Madsen