[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ State tribunal rejects firm's bid to pay no tax
- Subject: E-M:/ State tribunal rejects firm's bid to pay no tax
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:44:00 EDT
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
State tribunal rejects firm's bid to pay no tax
In a case watched by local governments around the state, the Michigan Tax Tribunal rejected an appeal by Hitachi Magnetics Corp. that its property taxes in Home Township near Edmore be set at zero dating back to 1993.
If successful, corporate polluters could avoid millions of dollars in property tax payments by arguing their actions rendered the property worthless, according to the Michigan Township Association.