Re: E-M:/ Let the governor be governor

RE balance:  There are several options.  The ag commissioners, by statute, must include 2 dems 2 reps & 1 independent.  On the other hand, many committees are sorted out into interest groups eg industry, agency (often non voting), enviro, medical, and other affected publics depending on the commission.  Not bad and as Fred said, I think, democracy isn't necessarily efficient - but as Winston C once said, it isn't so good until you look at all the other options.  If anyone recalls Churchill's quote on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Chuck