E-M:/ From Congressman John D. Dingell

Title: From Congressman John D. Dingell

May 20, 2001

Dear Friends:

Knowing of your interest in conservation and environmental issues, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur and I would be honored if you would join us to celebrate another milestone in our conservation efforts on Lake Erie and the Detroit River.  With the help of both Michigan and Ohio Congressional Delegations our bill to expand the boundaries of the Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge and the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge passed both the House and Senate by unanimous consent.  We are delighted to announce that on May 19th President Bush signed the legislation into law.

We never could accomplish so much without your help and support, so please join us to celebrate.  We have also invited Mr. Steve Williams, Director of the US Fish and Wildlife Service and our many friends from Michigan and Ohio to join us:

May 27, 2003

10:00 am to 11:00 am

Michigan Department of Natural Resources' Halfmile Creek Access Site

Located at the end of Algonquin Street, east of Summit Street

Erie Township

(one mile north of the MI-OH border)

Please RSVP to Lauri Elbing on my staff at 313.278.2936.  Again, we hope to see you next week!

With every good wish,

                                Sincerely yours,
                                John D. Dingell
                                Member of Congress